Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hanami Perfume Launch @ Blunda Natural Botanical Perfume Exhibition #2

The exhibition at Blunda was great, meeting lots of passionate perfume people. The following posts are mostly photos as I'm too tired to write and need to do a lot tomorrow before flying back to Vancouver. I have a feeling this is not going to be my last time in California though - this place rocks! The people, the food, the sun, the perfumes - it really feels like the centre of it all. I hope the rest of the series will be very successful for Blunda and the other perfumers.

THE PRESENTATION


Hanami Perfume Launch @ Blunda Natural Botanical Perfume Exhibition #2, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

In the presentation, I spoke about the creative as well as technical process of creating Hanami.
Selecting the notes - wet woody notes for the base, and the sakura accord for the heart. Using scent strips, I demonstrated how each notes stands out on its own with its unique characteristics. And than showed how they combined together to create Hanami.
I also talked about the inspiration, and how I finally arrived at selecting the name.

THE FOOD

Sakura Mochi, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

Hanami Flower Arrangements, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

We served all three perfume teas (Charisma, Roses et Chocolat & Immortelle l'Amour) and afternoon tea treats, including Sakura Mochi, perfumed chocolate truffles and fresh tea sandwiches the Maribel & I made that morning - cucumber & watercress, minted radishes and carrot-ginger (all with cream cheese).


The Truffles!, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

We made 2 perfumed chocolate truffles - White Potion and Guilt. White Potion really complements the sakura accord in Hanami as it was made with both magnolia and tuberose. The almond essence kind of mimics the coumarin notes of tonka (which is really not good for consumption use).


THE PEOPLE
Andre', Persephenie's husband and business parter, who took photos of the event (I'm sure his turned better than mine - look at that camera!).

Andre', originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

Persephenie talking to a guest at the exhibition. In the background is her incredible collection of natural essences - a perfumer's organ arranged on the shelves.

Persephenie & Janet, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

Maribel, Persephenie's assistant who was more helpful than I can even begin to tell. And very sweet too!

Maribel, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

Maribel helping Janna at the perfume lounge area in the store front.

Janna & Maribel, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

Andre' and a friend in front of Blunda

Outside Blunda - Andre' & Friend, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

One of the guest sniffing away after everyone else is gone...

Sniffing away..., originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

Labels: , , , , , ,

5 Comments:

At April 18, 2009 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice!!!!

 
At April 20, 2009 4:43 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Thank you!

 
At May 30, 2009 3:48 PM, Blogger Katie Puckrik said...

Ayala, I was so sorry to have missed meeting you in LA! I found out about the event too late...I thought. I was a few blocks away at the Santa Maria Novella shop, where I'd just met Chris, the man sniffing his wrist in your final photo. He mentioned the Blunda pow-wow, and said that it was probably already over. He emailed me at KatiePuckrikSmells later to say that it was still swinging by 5pm, when he popped in. Can't believe I missed perfume...and truffles! Come back to LA!

Katie
x

 
At June 01, 2009 9:21 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Katie,
Thank you so much for stopping by and commenting!
I'm so glad to know you know Chris (meanwhile he revealed his identity to me...) and that you'll be visiting Blunda soon. Better make it to the June 13th event - when Persephenie will reveal her new line!
She's also planning to serve truffles that I taught her how to make so there'll be both chocolate and perfume :-P
I wish I could be there but I can't...
Hoping to come back to LA soon - I will sure let you know and we should meet than! Please do the same if you ever make it up north to Vancouver. It's a beautiful city.

By the way - I love your video reviews - so cool :-)

 
At July 26, 2010 8:35 PM, Anonymous pheromone advantage said...

Wow! this is great they are look passionate perfume I really like it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home