Monday, April 27, 2009

Hanami Exhibition @ Blunda - More Photos

These are photos by Andre' Schnyder, an artist and photographer and Persephenie's partner:

Me and the perfume display.

Guests at the Blunda Perfume Lounge. Everything here is comfortable and smells good, naturally.


Persephenie's perfume organ can be seen on the wall, and on the counter below there is the whole spread of the afternoon tea treats we made. From left to right:
- my 3 perfumed teas (Charisma, Immortelle l'Amour, Roses et Chocolat)
- tea sandwiches (cucumber & watercress, carrot & ginger and minted radishes) - recipes to follow
- Sakuramochi (from the Japanese market) - the special pastry for Girl's day and the Hanami aka flower viewing festival)
- White Potion & Guilt chocolate truffles that Persephenie, Maribel and I rolled the day before.
And there were even sakura branches from the nearby flowershop to decorate the table!

Getting ready for the presentation...

I'm sniffing the Hanami scent-strip fan (my demo included a breakdown of the notes for hanami, divided into accords - i.e. metallic wood accord, Sakura accord, etc. - and the perfume's structure - i.e. base, heart & top.


The Hanami banner is so big. Or maybe I'm just really tiny... It's all relative.


Some favourite shots of Persephenie & me:




And last but not least - with back-lit cherry blossom branches:



Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At April 27, 2009 7:13 PM, Blogger HJ said...

Hi Ayala!

I've really enjoyed all your photos and commentry from your trip to LA - wish I could have attended, but alas, Perth is just too far away! :o)

I wanted to let you know that I love the attention to detail you extend to your craft. To me it shows true passion, talent, a wonderfully creative mind and I admire that very much!

As an avid student of natural/botanical perfumery, you are a beacon of hope and inspiration for me to aspire toward!! :oD

Warmest regards
Holly

 
At May 01, 2009 8:15 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Dearest Holly,

Thank you so much for your kind words about my perfumes and for posting them here on SmellyBlog!

Persephenie has been an amazing support for natural perfumers for quite sometime, offering the leading natural perfume lines in her store. It was so inspirational to meet her in person finally and to see how the concept of Blunda evolves and the possibilities for natural perfumers grow and expand. There are more perfumers, natural perfumes are getting better and better, and there are more people that enjoy and appreciate natural perfumery than ever before.

I'm so thrilled that you liked reading about my trip to LA. I think you would have liked that event and am sure that one day our paths will cross again.

Until than, the internet can be a bridge for us to communicate and I will be glad to help in your studies if possible.

Warmest regards,

Ayala

 

Post a Comment

<< Home