Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Lovely Collection

I just caught a sniff of Sarah Jessica Parker's new fragrance trio, that has just arrived to Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada.
The three fragrances are called Dawn, Twilight and Endless - and each is said to be inspired by lovely moments in SJP's life.

After the disappointment of Covet (original, but not something I would want to wear) and Covet Pure Bloom (which smells too much like others) I have to say I was surprisingly impressed with this collection, and with Twilight in particular.

My very initial reactions, based only on a paper application are:
Dawn smells like freshly cleaned and dried laundry. I still am not sure if it smells like the laundry detergent or dryer sheets or both.
Twilight is a sheer amber, and very similar to Ambre Fetiche (Annick Goutal) and in a way is what one might have hoped to get out of the solid perfume of Stella in 2 Amber.
Endless was a nice and a fruity floral on the more interesting side. It was crips rather than sweet.

All three deserve a skin test, and I am hoping to do this very soon and post more thorough impression of their evolution on my skin.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At March 22, 2009 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Dear Ayala.
Eu gosto de Lovely mas fiquei ligeiramente decepcionada com Covet.Espero que as novidades venham logo para o Brasil. Estou curiosa principalmente com Endless. Pela sua descrição parece ter uma pirâmide muito rica.
A publicidade está linda. Kisses. Elisabeth

Translator( Babel fish):
Hello Dear Ayala. I taste of Lovely but was slightly disappointed with Covet. I wait that the new features come soon to Brazil.I am curious mainly with Endless. For its description it seems to have a very rich pyramid. The advertising is pretty. Kisses. Elisabeth

 

Post a Comment

<< Home