Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bringer of Peace



The outpour of tragic news from my home country have practically taken over my life. It's difficult to think about anything else but this summer meteorite of pain and hostilities. Try as I may to not get political, I simply can't these days. In fact, I never had a stronger political view in my life. In 2 sentences it goes like this: Stop the violence. Make peace NOW. 

There is very little I can do, but I'm trying all I can to encourage people around me and especially back home that there is another way. That fear does not need to be the ruling factor. And I'd like to use this blog to also promote this idea, because maybe there is someone reading it that it could help them think differently.

There are lots of things we can do on a daily basis, and one of them is non-violent communication. Something we can all learn and achieve. I can only wish all the leaders of the Middle East (if not the world over) will adapt this approach.

Lastly, with the very little influence I have, I want to talk about peaceful perfumes and fragrances. And I'd like to dedicate the upcoming month of August as a Perfume for Peace month. Please wear a perfume that inspires peace and share your comments here and everywhere else on the social networks. Maybe with combined efforts and intent we will be able to move something in this world... Of course that does not come instead of actions such as demonstrations, signing petitions, dialog with the people we were raised to be at war with, and finding non-violent ways to communicate and resolve conflicts with the people around us.

First installation in the Perfume for Peace will be posted tomorrow... In the meantime, try to get restful sleep.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At August 06, 2014 10:51 AM, Anonymous Brian Doyle said...

This is really beautiful, Ayala!
And THANK YOU! There is a great lesson to be learned here in translating heartbreak, frustration and pain into a thing of beauty and peace.
I hope your loved ones are all safe.
-Brian

 
At September 08, 2014 2:58 AM, Anonymous perfume said...

Parfuemperfume derives from the Latin perfumare, meaning Perfumery, or the art of making perfumes, began in ancient Mesopotamia and Egypt, and was further refined by the Romans and Persians..

 
At September 08, 2014 10:06 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

No, perfume comes from the Latin per-fumum, meaning "through smoke". Because the first perfumes were actually incense.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home