Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring!

Sandy Spring by Ayala Moriel
Sandy Spring, a photo by Ayala Moriel on Flickr.
Spring is officially here today, with the Vernal Equinox happening tonight.
Not that it stopped the weather from acting all crazy - we had a few little blizzards today in Vancouver.
Because the weather has been so cold and unpredictable, I've been actually wearing more spicy and heavy scented perfumes recently - burning copal woodchips, and enjoying a dab of rich natural perfumes by my colleagues and friends: Encens Blanc by Rebel & Mercury, and Secret Garden by Aftelier. Both are beautiful and comforting - yet inspiring. Secret Garden also happens to be the star of the bedtime story-time with my daughter - so it all fits nicely.

What are you wearing to celebrate this day? I'm talking perfume, of course...

It's not exactly a Monkey Monday topic, but if you leave a comment, you'll enter to win a roll-on of Devotee Gardenia by DSH Essence Oils.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At March 19, 2012 6:12 PM, Blogger Dionne said...

It's not really spring yet here either, but the snow has melted and I'm enjoying the sunshine. Today I tested Parfums DelRae Bois de Paradis for the first time, but I found it a bit too much: too fruity, too loud.

Tonight I'll wear TokyoMilk's Bittersweet - I just got some from Dee Howe, and I'm really enjoying it.

 
At March 19, 2012 9:27 PM, Blogger nekosan said...

I'm wearing Zangvil. #blush# I've also been wearing Cepes & Tuberose.

 
At March 20, 2012 4:39 AM, Blogger Moecha said...

Aftelier Honey Blossom & Les nuages de joie jaune! Mimosa blossoms in Winter but it sure feels and smells like early spring.. just like these last few days in France where the weather has been hesitating a bit between cold and warm.

 
At March 23, 2012 11:15 AM, Blogger Sujaan said...

It is springlike here in NY but I still don't trust it. I keep waiting for another snow storm to remind us we've had it really good this winter. Today I am wearing Isabey Fleur Nocturn and it's so pretty. I've been thinking about buying a bottle because the bottle too is so pretty. I'm not often a floral wearer but the temperature and desire for spring begged for flowers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home