Saturday, November 12, 2011

Incense & Chocolate

Chocolate Smoke

The sensual world connects between the physical and the spiritual. It is with mindful observation of sight, touch, taste, sound and scent that we are able to connect to the world's divine beauty and discover the divinity that lies within us and pulsates through the universe.

Incense & Chocolate is a perfume that combines elements of two ancient rituals of offerings - burning of incense, and drinking a sacred beverage (hot cocoa, consecrated wine, etc.) as offering to the gods. In ancient Mexico, where chocolate originated, it used to be only the king who was allowed to drink cocoa, and otherwise it was offered to Quetzalcoatl, the god of cacao.

In our modern life, those little rituals that are often viewed as over-indulgences and are immersed in guilt, self criticism or worries about being judged by others - might in fact just be our little gesture towards our ancestors who were wiser than us with their choice of daily routines (for example: burn incense and meditate in the morning before checking their email... oh, wait, there was no email then!) and our way to connect to earth and ground ourselves in the modern world where almost everything turned virtual and disconnected reality.

Incense & Chocolate is a perfume that combines elements of two ancient rituals of offerings - burning of incense, and drinking a sacred beverage (hot cocoa, consecrated wine, etc.) as offering to the gods. I created it this summer, inspired by the two daily rituals I noticed have become important little moments each day: burning Japanese incense, which seems to calm me down and centre me, and savouring dark chocolate - that literally nourished my body, as well as my soul. I know it sounds very dramatic, but I really don't think I would have survived this summer without chocolate...

So exhale all your worries, uncork this bottle of magic and breath in the aroma of dark chocolate, olibanum, prehistoric fossilized amber resin and oud.

Incense & Chocolate is a One Of A Kind perfume - I created only one bottle of it, and the person who picks it first will be the only person I will create it for again in the future. It is bottled in our new EDP splash/spray bottles.

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At November 12, 2011 10:32 PM, Blogger wdn th said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At November 13, 2011 7:32 AM, Anonymous Divinemama said...

Incense and chocolate are two of my favorite things. Very creative of you to blend them together. I also enjoy drinking sacred drinks and burning incense to honor the Divine. Though my drink is typically coffee, which often has a chocolate undertone and sometimes gets laced with cocoa absolute. Frankincense and aloe (oud) are usually what I reach for to burn, but I have been exploring some new resins that are capturing my heart. Labdanum, vetiver and pine are fun...very grounding.

Lisa Woodward

 
At February 13, 2013 12:19 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Lisa,
Your coffee sound spectacular (and I am not a coffee person...). Frankincense is timeless and never fails to penetrate the layers of superficial worries that cover our inner peaceful core. There is a new wood for me that comes from South America and smells very much like opoponax. I wish I knew what it's called - you just set the tip on fire and keep it in place somewhere safe till it runs out of ember... Meanwhile sip your Aztec hot chocolate!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home