Thursday, July 21, 2011

Geranium & Chocolate OOAK + Contest

Geranium & Chocolate  by Ayala Moriel
Geranium & Chocolate , a photo by Ayala Moriel on Flickr.

Google haven't even had the chance to properly index the Geranium & Chocolate page, and this latest addition to my OOAK offerings in the new EDP format was already adopted by a lady who wanted to call this perfume her own. I'm thrilled that my OOAK perfume creations are so warmly received and enthusiastically adopted by my customers. Creating these perfumes is a lot of fun, and they are ones that turned out fun and fantastic as part of my explorations in the lab - but I can't just release any perfume that comes out of my hand as a new perfume. My perfume collection is already too large as it is!

Geranium & Chocolate came about when I stumbled upon geranium absolute for the first time. It has such a delicious, fresh yet well-rounded, deep wine-like quality. It just reminded me over all of a very fruity, sweet and refreshing sangria or warm red wine, which of course is even better paired with some chocolate... It also has some musk notes and citrus notes and is at the same time fresh-citrusy and gourmand. It will be shipped this afternoon to Virginia, where summer is in full blast and its refreshing qualities will be actually needed...

And I'm off to my next adventure in the lab, working up some new ideas, some of which will most likely turn into more OOAK offerings. I'm on a bit of a chocolate kick at the moment, and am curious to see how chocolate and ambergris will go together after using ambergris in my yummy truffles in my Orcas tea party on Sunday; and I'm also curious about incense and chocolate together - two of my daily rituals of self-spoilage that simply make me a happy woman...

Have you got a OOAK perfume that you're dreaming about? A scent combination you wish existed out there but is still only in your imagination? Post a comment and enter to win a mini bottle of Coralle. Contest will close on Friday, July 29th.

Labels: , , ,

17 Comments:

At July 21, 2011 10:16 PM, Blogger Michael said...

I would love to see a natural perfumery rendition of Brugmansia flowers. I haven't seen much about extracting the scent specifically from the flowers as there would be some toxicity concerns, but they scent is heady and dreamy and makes me swoon. How great to capture that in a scent that I could wear without possibly harming myself in the process!

Michael

 
At July 22, 2011 12:21 AM, Blogger Princess Ellie said...

This sounds like a lovely new perfume for you and it is fantastic that it has already found a home. Geranium absolute sounds lovely with the rich wine like scent. Did you find it on your adventure to CA? How I would have loved to be at the meeting of the minds at Yosh's. The beautiful scents that must have lingered in the air that day.
Coralle is a beatiful scent. Thank you for the oppertunity to win a bottle.

 
At July 22, 2011 6:14 AM, Anonymous Bellatrix said...

Uh... so many possibilities... Actually, I would like to find something like our Orcas but created from the smell of my island... there are a lot of "Mediterranean perfumes" but still haven't want what I am looking for. :)

 
At July 22, 2011 8:54 AM, Blogger samara said...

surprisingly id like wood and caviar

 
At July 22, 2011 11:15 AM, Blogger flavourfanatic said...

If I'd had a OOAK fragrance made it would be "Bread and Garbage". The foody, wheaty and baked scent of bread balanced by a hint of dirt and decay. A friend of mine once said that's her definition scent of "home". I'm not sure if I agree about that, but I often do feel that foody frags are a bit to sweet and clean for me and it would be interesting to see what happenes when if are dirtied up a bit.

 
At July 22, 2011 11:25 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Michael,
Brugmansia flowers (Angel's Trumpet) are AMAZING! My friend, perfumer Ineke Ruhland, introduced me to this scent have created a beautiful accord for these which is incorporated in her "Evening Edged in Gold". I have since managed to find the blooming plant in Vancouver (you have to wait till dark to really enjoy the scent). Beautiful, candy-like, a little citrusy... Unfortunately, this will be impossible to capture without a few synthetics...

 
At July 22, 2011 11:29 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Princess Ellie,
I had the geranium absolute for a while - and the perfume was created in July 2009... You would have loved the party at Yosh... There were a few future releases there that I'm not at liberty to discuss as of yet, and I'm sure you'll be thrilled to hear about :-)
Thank you for reading SmellyBlog and commenting!

 
At July 22, 2011 11:32 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Bellatrix,
What does your beach smell like? I know the smells of the beaches of Israel (well, usually a combination of some pretty foul smells too, unfortunately - such as rust, urine and rotten fish...), but if I had it my way it would smell of seaweed, sand and beach lilies... with a hint of watermelon, grapes and lemon Popsicle (for the treats we'd get on the beach).

 
At July 22, 2011 11:33 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Samara,
That would be interesting... Don't think I ever smelled caviar though (I only started eating fish recently; and fish roe is not a favourite...)

 
At July 22, 2011 11:34 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

flavourfanatic,
That's hilarious! Can't quite tell if you're joking or serious though? Bread is very home-like, nothing quite like homebaked bread in the oven to scent the house :-) But garbage... I hope my house does not smell of that...
Nevertheless, I always welcome contrasts in my perfumes and will keep that in mind :-)

 
At July 22, 2011 8:50 PM, Blogger Irina said...

well, I don't know
I'm such a preppie and wanting to learn- not able, yet, to wish for a smell before trying so many I still have to
thanks for the draw

 
At July 22, 2011 9:00 PM, Anonymous Kathleen said...

Wow, another beautiful scent to add to your offerings! For me, I think the perfect scent would be the Coco Lime mixed with the sweet notes in Caberet and Immortelle l'Amour. So, lots of lime, coconut and maple but also with just a hint of ylang ylang. Thanks for the contest! Fingers crossed!

 
At July 24, 2011 5:44 PM, Blogger maxine said...

This perfume sounds delightful! I can imagine the scent of a chocolate orange.
Orange, Bergamont, Neroli,orange blossom, Chocolate and some hints of vetiver.
In a nut shell " An affair with Chocolate and Orange.

 
At July 24, 2011 7:53 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Irina,
Thanks for reading and commenting! I hope you will find SmellyBlog fun and educational place to find more info about perfumes and perfumery :-)

 
At July 24, 2011 7:55 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Kathleen,
It was so great to see the expression on your face smelling Coco-Lime :-)
This perfume sounds good enough to eat! Lime & ylang ylang... Mmm...

 
At July 24, 2011 7:56 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Maxine,
Thanks for sharing! You might want to give Guilt perfume a try - it's chocolate with orange blossom and orange peel and a hint of amber. The vetiver could be an interesting contrast with chocolate!

 
At July 31, 2011 1:13 AM, Blogger flavourfanatic said...

Hi again, yes I was serious about that one (thought it is kind of weird, I know). My friend who said that comes from Algeria and she said that's how the streets there smell in the morning. People are baking their bread for the day but there is also this hmmm smell from the alleys. I like the contrast of creation and decay, but I can understand that it's a difficult scent to make wearable, and even harder to market :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home