Thursday, January 14, 2010

Important Day

Today was an important day: the official last class for my very first students in the Foundation of Natural Perfumery Course, who have started the program 2 years ago. Although the term is not officially over - today is certainly a day to celebrate this success: Only 3 students persevered in the full program and will continue with a 1 year internship at my studio. And it is thanks to them, that this program have become what it is now.

I am so grateful to have met these three wonderful women. And I am so grateful that they have asked me to extend what was originally a 6-months introduction to the world of natural perfumery, and turn it into a 2 year hands-on educational program giving full training in the art of natural perfumery. And they still want to learn more from hands-on experience, which is how the internship program was born.

Meanwhile, another group of dedicated students is already well into their journey and I'm really looking forward to see and smell what will come out of their hands in the next couple of years. It's a fascinating journey and very rewarding to see the huge steps everyone has taken since their first day of class, one day in the spring of 2007...

Thank you for being my students!
I learned a lot from all of you.

P.s. The next program will begin September 2010. Applications from new students are accepted from now until April 15th, 2010. For more details about how to apply click here.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home