Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Canada Day!


Happy Canada Day 2008, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

It's finally summer for Canada's birthday, and it's hot, hot, hot!
Make sure you drink lots of cranberry juice :) It will probably make more sense than maple syrup on a day like this...

I was trying to think of scents with real presence of either maple or cranberry notes, and came up with Lis Zorn's Pink Praline (which has real tincture of candied maple syrup), and my own Immortelle l'Amour (no true maple, but just the feel of it from the combination of immortelle and vanilla). As for cranberries - cranberry absolute has very little scent and is used mostly for flavouring. Cranberries themselves are not particularly fragrant either, so I guess I'm at loss for associating perfumes with Canada Day. Any ideas?

P.s. The above photo is the window display of Chocolate Mousse Kitchenware, my personal favourite kitchen supply store - 1553 Robson Street, Vancouver (604) 682-8223

Labels:

1 Comments:

At July 01, 2008 11:22 PM, Blogger Perfumeshrine said...

Belated Happy Canada day to you!
I love the display of the giant leaf made with kitchen gloves :-))

 

Post a Comment

<< Home