Sunday, September 02, 2007

Instead of Perfume Review: Covet

Since I have near nothing to say about Covet, the new scent by Sarah Jessica Parker (highly connected to the persona of her Carrie Bradshaw character of Sex and the City), I decided to go on a search for the many different uses of the solid perfume compact. Besides the obvious inspiration (or the confusing usage suggestions) of a make up compact (it also has glittery mica dust in it to further confuse you!) - there seemed to be at least 8 uses that I could think of effortlessly for that particular design. Let's see how Carrie is using it in her daily life...

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At September 02, 2007 2:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL - some of those are really stylin'! I have a feeling i am not going to like this perfume from what I have heard, but hey, who does not want a pair of Covet Manolos???? :-D

 
At September 03, 2007 9:17 AM, Blogger helg said...

This is so inspired (truly original) and hilarious at the same time!! LOL!
They are obviously missing your other talents at those photo+marketing brands out there.

 
At September 03, 2007 3:50 PM, Blogger Divina said...

This was PERFECT! Thank you so much for the laughs! My favorite is the faucet - hilarious! I hated Covet btw...

 
At September 04, 2007 10:51 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Flora, glad you liked my Covet Manolos. Unfortunately, these are the fanciest flip flops I have ;)

You'll have to try Covet for yourself before knowing if you like it or not. I thought it was so unimpressive - and especially in comparison to Lovely.

 
At September 04, 2007 10:53 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Helg,
Glad I made you laugh!
I am selfish, and so I keep all my marketing innovation to my blog and my own perfumes ;)
But I did used to be in PR once upon a time (promoting social-justice related films, so it wasn't the shark-type marketing really).

 
At September 04, 2007 10:55 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Divina,
Thanks for the lauchgs!
The faucet was the original idea, just couldn't escape this association from the moment I saw the compact. And I wasn't the only one who found it strikingly similar to those plastic faucets from back in the late 70's... I just wasn't able to find an image to illustrate this association so I had to take my own photos LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home