Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Tea with Dawna


Flora Linden Tea, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

I had tea with Dawna Ehman this afternoon. Not just any other tea, but a custom-blended tea, made by Dawna especially for the launch of Tirzah this weekend. Dawna Ehman is a folkloric herbalist, and creates extraordinary pleasure teas for her line Inner Alchemy Tea Co. The teas are all made from premium quality tea leaves (organic when possible), blended with organic and wild crafted herbs, fruit, berries and flowers. Dawna harvests some of these herself in the wild in the provinces of Albert and British Columbia.

For the party on Saturday (which would be a shame if we can’t have you join in!), I will be serving Flora Linden, the custom tea Dawna made especially for our celebration. It is made with linden blossom in abundance, as well as other flowers and herbs, which I would rather keep as a surprise. It’s beautiful and I enjoyed two cups of it this afternoon, needing to stop myself to avoid submitting myself to an embarrassing situation in the party… Note to self: must keep enough for the party, must not drink too much tea… Seriously, this can happen to me only with Dawna’s teas, which I am going to tell you about more in the future, as it unfolds…

To order Inner Alchemy Tea Co. fabulous teas or get your own custom tea blended for you, you can email Dawna Ehman or call her at (604) 731-1529.

And for now: a little game. There is a photo below of the tea itself. Guess what’s in it… At least three ingredients is mandatory (not including linden, which I've already disclosed), and you’ll enter to win a sample of both Tirzah and Flora Linden tea!


Flora Linden CU, originally uploaded by Ayala Moriel.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At June 13, 2007 8:09 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm going to say:

bay leaf
I think I see a rose bud
and mint

 
At June 13, 2007 12:24 PM, Blogger msiagirl said...

Rose, jasmine, green tea...just found your blog, very cool - wish I lived near you to come to a perfumer's workshop. I have been to Grasse as part of my aromatherapy training!

 
At June 13, 2007 2:53 PM, Blogger Divina said...

Hi Ayala,
I adore Linden tea (yes, I adore linden!) it smells so wonderful. My mom always used to make it for me when I needed some comfort as a child because of a little bellyache or somesuch, so it is really a comforting smell to me. I think the tea she made though was made from linden leaves and not blossoms.. I could be wrong of course :)

As for my guess: I think I detect rosehips, spearmint (or mint?), jasmine and orange blossom. I am pretty sure I see sage in there too and maybe some chrysanthemum buds.

 
At June 13, 2007 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...I guess I see rosebuds, hibiscus and definitely flowers...jasmine and maybe orange?

I got linden and lavender at home which I am mixing half/half for a soothing "sleep-well" tea...chamomile is a good add to this as well...

the linden scent is so comforting, sweet and happy...so smart to use it in a main-role for perfume!

have fun at your party!!!!!
co

 
At June 18, 2007 7:44 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

msiagirl and divina
You are the two winners of the contest, because you are the only two who guessed a correct ingredient - the green tea (msiagirl) and the spearmint (divina)!
The complete list of ingredients is as follows:
Premium Organic Japanese Sencha Tea
Premium Osmanthus Blossoms
Lemon Verbena Leaf
Linden Blossom & Leaf
Organic Orange Peel
Organic Lemon Peel
Oranic Spearmint Leaf

Please email me with your mailing addresses so I can send you the sample of Tirzah parfum and Flora Linden tea blend!

xo

Ayala

 

Post a Comment

<< Home