Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Molinard's Mimosa Concreta


Amongst his many other talents, my brother Noam has an infamous talent for finding treasures in the least expected places: alleys, photo booths, flea markets and forsaken thrift shops in Tel Aviv. One of them was an antique coffret of three Molinard’s concretas (solid perfumes) presented in their original bakelite boxes. Inside they look a bit like an ancient dark resinous lipstick.

I researched these a bit and they could be dated as far back as the 1940’s. The three concretas have preserved their scent tremendously well, and among them was a Mimosa concreta. Although the material itself is waxy and somewhat sticky, it is worth inhaling for its magnifiscent, creamy mimosa fragrance. It is most delicious and reminds me a lot of Farnesiana (to be reviewed here on SmellyBlog shortly).

Labels: , , , , , ,

3 Comments:

At December 17, 2008 4:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got a different set of three of these concretas- and I'm looking for more now.
Silly thing is- I've had these for years, and I never realised they unscrewed until my 6 year old daughter showed me recently!! They all smell stunning, and now I'm a bit gutted that my daughter used rather a lot of them first!!!
So much nicer than modern perfume!!
Léonie
x

 
At July 24, 2011 1:41 AM, Blogger loopylisa said...

hi just found your site re these perfumes, i am trying to find out more about them before i put them on ebay. (User name wooditwork) but dont see to be able to find much. MY pots are in the same box but bucket shape?.

 
At September 13, 2015 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some of these are from the 1920s. They appear on eBay from time to time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home