Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!


Shecloud, originally uploaded by Lalallallala.

Happy Valentine's Day, my dear Smelly Friends,

Now, wouldn't you all wish the skies looked like that today? Vancouver is at it's usual rainily gloomy charm today, yet I am determined to have fun no matter what!

I would like to wish you all a fantastic and romantic day. Whether you are celebrating by yourself, or with a lover (or two?), may it be a day full of pleasure and smiles. And remember, the most important thing of all is to Love Thyself!

After four years with my Valentine David, and ten years with my smaller Valentine, Tamya, I noticed how my perfume world is starting to affect their lives. A few weeks ago Tamya added a new word to her vocabulary: "Smelly". Mind you, it was more in association with talking about smelly diapers of pooping babies (her favourite topic for conversation), but this is repeating itself and I can't help but laugh full heartedly when she talks about smells.

And this week, I caught David in the middle of an unusual act - he was sniffing the perfumes I have on my bedside table - and actually testing them! One of them was particularly to his liking, and I found myself inhaling pleasant wafts of sweet perfumes from him one night, which went on until around noonish the next day. He admits he loves it. Shamelessly so, I must add: The perfume is in a bottle just about as girly as could be, and the juice is not particularly masculine either. If you guess what it is, you'll win a prize - a 2ml bottle of Guilt perfume!
- The only hint you're getting is a link to my wardrobe.

*And don't forget to enter the Chocolatier's Contest: All you need to do is recommend us your favourite chocolatier. You will be than entered to win a 2ml bottle of Film Noir.

** Below is a fantastically original Guilt-Marnier Chocolate Truffles recipe, inspired by Guilt perfume. It's easy to make and fun. I will post photos soon...

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

At February 14, 2007 4:52 PM, Blogger Victoria said...

Happy Valentine's Day!

 
At February 14, 2007 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day, Ayala! I'm amazed, looking at your fragrance wardrobe, how much we have in common. Whether you know it or not, you have been quite an influence on me!

 
At February 15, 2007 2:06 AM, Blogger helg said...

Hope you had a lovely Valentine's!
LOL about the diaper talk, smelly indeed! She knows what she is talking about.

Now, on to your fabulous quizz: it could be L de Lempicka or Spring Flower. I think the former is more likely.
(unless your Songes is the limited bottle with the moon. But it would be unfair to guess so many before other people chime in, so I leave it at the above)

 
At February 15, 2007 6:31 AM, Blogger Sali said...

Happy V-day, Ayala. "Smelly" is a good and useful word to have in one's vocab. Way to go, Tamya! Keep bringin' the love and inspire us all. xoxo

 
At February 15, 2007 4:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Belated Happy V-day to all! I just wanted to say I've been reading your blog for a while now and find it to be one of the most informative and intelligently written.

As for your contest, I have to guess it was Chinatown. I haven't had a chance to smell it yet, but it's one of the prettiest and girliest bottles I've seen!

 
At February 15, 2007 9:57 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

greeneyes,
I am flattered to be considered infulential... Any guesses for David's favourite girly scent? He was wearing it this evening again, and is smelling deliciously fragrant...

Sali,
Smelly is important indeed. Tamya totally rocks! She was wearing Le Petit Prince last night and tonight before bed time. We all it the "lemonade" perfume...

Je t'embrasse

 
At February 16, 2007 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ayala,

I would like to participate and guess it is maybe Spring Flower by Creed? Or maybe if i could guess more than one, Agent Provocateur?

cheers,
Sajanna

 
At February 16, 2007 9:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think for the Guilt contest your Valentines scent is Nuit de Noel.
If I was a man the name alone would have me try this regardless of the
bottle. Then the scent would make me happy too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home