Sunday, October 22, 2006

Perfume Shopping with Little Duckling & A Guessing Game

A little while ago, I went perfume sniffing with Tamya and we went to The Bay – the only place in Vanouver where you can find Annick Goutal’s line. Now, Tamya is about the funniest person to go perfume shopping with. Although I know she can smell, she doesn’t really know how to do it, if you know what I mean… She usually blows on the object for sniffing (flower, scent stripe, perfume bottle, etc.) rather than inhale. I find it super funny and super cute, like everything she does really. And since this is her special month, I don’t mind flaunting it proudly on my blog…

So, on the circular table, there stand the entire Annick Goutal line. And Tamya is with me, doing pretty much what I do (spritzing cards and blowing her nose on them LOL). All of a sudden, I notice she is doing something she never done before in a perfume store: she opens one of those lovely Goutal crystal bottles, and she sprays some on her wrist!
Needless to say she smelled divine, the scent was gentle and pretty on her little wrists and I have to keep asking her for a sniff… The next time we went Goutal sniffing, she did the same thing, with the same fragrance. Mommy is tempted to get her a bottle, obviously.

Now, you get to guess the fragrance, and you will win a sample of the mystery perfume and a miniature 2ml bottle of Tamya parfum!
I am going to give you one hint though: it is NOT Songes. This scent haven’t made it to Canada yet. It could be anything else though…
For every comment or guess on this post, I will be donating $1 to Autism Community Training in BC.

Labels: , , ,

12 Comments:

At October 23, 2006 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun post! I am not blessed with children of my own, but I work with children like Tamya who have autism (or "are autistic", which do you/does she prefer?). I think it is so fantastic that you take Tamya perfume shopping, and expose her to so many wonderful things in life. I think you are both very blessed and I think about the things you tell us often. But I digress. Back to the game... What would she choose? A sweet scent, the vanilla? Or maybe the Petite Cherie? But no, those would be too obvious. Did she choose something unusual? A unisex or men's scent perhaps? My namesake, Eau de Camille? There are so many to choose from! I know, I know, we only get to pick one. My official guess, then: Le Jasmin. Congratulations on all your recent successes. I see a fragrance purchase from you in my near future, I think White Potion (loved your description of it and of course I want my students to love the way I smell) or the one you've named after your daughter.
Ciao for now. Hope you get lots of posts for this one.

 
At October 23, 2006 10:57 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Camille,
I am so glad you enjoyed this post! It's so much fun to share those little moments of joy with our children. I am already a fan of yours just because you are a teacher! It's such a hard work, and it takes really special people to work with special kids. Thank you!

Good guessing, but I am not going to reveal any more yet...

 
At October 24, 2006 3:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for some time and delurk to say hello and i would like to guess the frag she likes is Rose Absolute.
and have a nice day,

Saj

 
At October 25, 2006 1:55 AM, Blogger Haus von Stone said...

i think i will guess mandragore because the bottle color is so alluring!

 
At October 25, 2006 11:14 AM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

No winners yet, so you all get another try. Time to throw in some hints:

2) The perfume has more than one word in the name

3) The perfume has to be one of the perfumes that is available at The Bay, here is the list of the scents available there:
Eau d'Hadrien
Folavril
Eau de Charlotte
Eau de Camille
Passion
Heure Exquise
Eau du Ciel
Gardénia Passion
Eau du Sud
Grand Amour
Petite Chérie
Ce Soir Ou Jamais
Le Chèvrefeuille
Quel Amour!
Les Nuits d'Hadrien
Vanille Exquise
Mandragore

Keep guessing and commenting!

 
At October 26, 2006 8:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Ayala,

Then I'll keep on guessing, what about Quel Amour?

Saj

 
At October 26, 2006 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely post dear. So nice of you to take her fragrance sampling.
I am guessing Quel Amour as well, or perhaps Eau de Charlotte, although if she's anything like me she's probably go for Grand Amour. Mature, but hey!

 
At October 26, 2006 12:52 PM, Blogger Haus von Stone said...

Hmm..it's close to Halloween, so perhaps sweets for the sweet. Vanilla Exquise?

 
At October 27, 2006 12:05 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Helg is on the right track with her Scorpio guessing.
The scent that Tamya picked does not have a name or a scent that you would expect a little girl to pick ;) Nothing childish about it at all.
Keep on guessing!

 
At October 28, 2006 3:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it must be Gardenia Passion then! I am sure if she's a true Scorpio she goes for the bold statement. Unabashedly.
Such a white floral abundance!

 
At October 28, 2006 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will say Passion because it's a more complex scent and not childish at all.

 
At November 02, 2006 11:13 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

The mystery scent is...
CE SOIR OU JAMAIS
You all came really close, so if you haven't tried Tamya Parfum yet, I will send you a sample. Please contact me - all of you who have commented on this entry - with your mailing address and I will send you a sample of Tamya parfum.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home