Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Paloma's Corner: Vintage Perfume Reviews

A couple of years ago Paloma (aka Frances-Anne Ade), a fine lady from the Perfume Addicts forum, sent me a gift of a lifetime: about 30 or so samples of rare vintage perfumes. To her this corner is dedicated, and I am hoping to be able to live up to the challenge of decoding the mysteries of these antique beauties.

The following are the links to the reviews of these rare treasures:

Coty's Chypre (Vintage)
Balalaika (LeLong)
Shocking (Schiaparelli)
Coty's l'Origan (Vintage)
Caline (Patou)
Chantilly (Vintage)
Femme (Vintage parfum)
Kiku (Faberge)
Le Dix (Bellanciaga)
Intimate (Vintage)

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At August 30, 2006 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish your link to your review of the vintage version of Shocking by Schiaparelli was still enabled. I have just come by a bottle of this marvelous fluid (in the original Va Va Voom decanter)and suddenly, after only two wearings, find myself madly in love with it. On me, it is a wonderful mossy rose, with a little sharp stab at the very first but then the rose and spicy civet/amber dry down take over. It stays close to my skin, yet lasts and lasts. I feel certain the modern version of this scent can't compare to the original, so I plan on wearing mine just a dab at a time. I would have loved to know your take on Shocking!
Le lapin d'eau

 

Post a Comment

<< Home