Thursday, April 06, 2006

Fantastic Fake Souk Adventure

There is nothing more hillarious than finding a thrilling adventure in the midst of the most mundane place of all. And what is better than perfumes to make the adventrue of my day?

The following posts will have very few words and lots of images of fake perfumes that I found today at the mysterious and evokative "souk" in Tel-Aviv (known to locals that are less mystified by any Middle Eastern stinky outdoor markets where they buy fabulous fresh produce as well as miscellenius goods as "Shouk ha-Carmel"). I think the images speak for themselves, so my impressions will be short and I am afraid relate to the bottles rather than the scents (I only tried two).

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At April 06, 2006 8:09 PM, Blogger anyasgarden said...

honey, don't go half way round the world and sniff synths, no matter how amusing or bizarre they are.

i'm waiting for a report on the real stuff you find ;-)

 
At April 06, 2006 11:48 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Anyushka, I was mostly taking photos of the synths (the thrill was in the imitated names and bottles, the smells were very poorly imitated and after two tries I didn't bother smelling them!). Don't you worry, there will be plenty of natural stuff to report on soon for your amusement, especially once I go my home village. Read my most recent entry for instance ;)
I will be visiting Clil (my home village at the northern part of the country) for Passover which is this coming Wednesday. Until than bear with the more urban stuff!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home