Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Musc Ravageur

The obscurity of musk in Musc Ravageur is buried in a cloud of confectionery whiffs of cinnamon-buns. Downright spicy, sticky-sweet cinnamon, vanilla and caramelized sugar. Maurice Roucel has already proved his mastery in creating fluffy, cloudy scents such as Toacde and l’Instant de Guerlain. In Musc Ravageur he goes all the way creating a blunt statement of indulgence. It’s taking musk to it’s extreme warmth, pulsating sweetness by pairing it with vanilla and cinnamon – a LOT of cinnamon and vanilla – to the point that the theme is almost shifted. The opening may come through as a bit crude. It instantly reminded me of Coty’s Vanilla-Musk. It is not until the very dry down that the musk is revealed by bringing forth a velvety skin-scent quality with the sweetness and spicy warmth lingering for an extended silage…

Musc Ravageur is not distinctly a musk scent - not the first one to refer to in order to learn how musk is "suppose" to smell. Nevertheless, it's a great "comfort" scent. If I haven't fallen in love with Tocade for that purpose, Musc Ravageur would be my pyajama-scent.

Coming up next in the "musk series": easy to find & affordable musks.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At March 01, 2006 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent Ayala! Musc Ravageur is the only Musk scent that I have really liked. Most of the others make me sneeze. Kiels wasn't too bad though.

Great blog my dear!

 
At March 01, 2006 1:39 PM, Blogger Caitlin Shortell said...

Congratulations on your blog! I can tell I have a lot already to learn and enjoy here.
Cheers.
Cait

 
At March 15, 2006 5:28 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At March 15, 2006 5:30 PM, Blogger Ayala Moriel said...

Nothing but the best for His Majesty Prince Barry, I just had the chance to try Kiehl's and it's great!

Cait, I am very pleased that you find my blog interesting and educational. I hope to meet you here again in the future!

More musky reviews are in progress...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home