Saturday, October 25, 2008

Game of Tag!


Tag, originally uploaded by pixelstate.

I’ve been tagged, twice!

By Perfume in Progress - Laurie Erickson’s blog (the perfumer of Sonoma Scent Studio) blog;
and Perfume de Rosa Negra - Cristiane Gonçalves’ bilingual perfume blog from Brazil – written in English and Portuguese.

To join this cool blog-game, I must post the rules here (and follow them, of course):

1. Link to the person who tagged you. (I’ve added the two blogs to my blogroll, to the left)
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Six completely random things about me:
1) Two things I want to do before I die: learn how to ride horses and fly an airplane.
2) My faovuirte colour growing up was yellow. It still is the happiest colour to look at by I prefer wearing beige and more neutral colours.
3) I am vegetarian since birth and no, I don’t eat fish (I always wondered why would be fish considered part of a vegetarian diet?!).
4) My family has been playing ping-pong between Israel and Canada for 4 generations now: My mom was born in Israel & raised in Montreal; I was born in Outremont (Quebec) and raised in Israel; and my daughter was born in Israel but raised in Vancouver. My accent is often mistaken for a Quebecoise accent, thanks to my mother’s influence.
5) One day, when I can travel somewhere else besides visiting my family in Israel & Montreal on a yearly basis - I would like to travel to: Japan, Grasse, Morocco, The Carnival in Rio and the Mardi Gras in New Orleans.
6) “When I grow up” I wanted to be any number of things – school teacher, veterinarian, judge, opera singer, architect, psychologist, and even wanted to open my own soap factory that will make only lemon-verbena soap. I think in the end I made the right choice.

It was difficult to choose only 6 blogs to tag, but I chose to tag the following excellent blogs in hopes that those of you who are not familiar with them will discover them this way. Keep in mind that my choices were limited to blogs that allow comments and I encourage you to look at my blogroll on the right to discover more perfume-related blogs:

Aromaconnection - Marcia Elston's (Samara Botane) excellent blog covering many important topics such as ecological & cultural sustainability, safety & toxicity, rules & regulations in the aromatherapy/perfumery industry, and more.

CB Journal - Chrsitopher Brosius (CB I Hate Perfumes) perfumer's blog

Gabriel's Aunt - Nikki Sherritt's (Gabriel's Aunt) candlemaking blog. Nikki makes the most amazing, all-natural and natural scented soywax candles and have created with me three candles already. I am not ashamed to take advantage of this game and give a little plugin for her work and her blog!

Legerdenez -Caitlin Shortell's blog with many fascinating and very well-written perfume reviews.

Moving and Shaking - Lou's excellent and beautifully illustrated blog, including some perfume reviews, but mostly just very, very fascinating topics.

Perfume Shrine - Helg's visually and sensually senstive, well-written and informative perfume blog, including many perfume reviews, news and pop-culture references (i.e.: movies, fashion, commercial video clips, bottle & packaging etc.).

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 25, 2008 2:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ayala, thanks for playing (love your tag photo). A couple of your blog links are new to me so I'll check those out. And I'm sure with you on wanting to visit Grasse! Japan would be fascinating too.

Your holiday workshops and party sound like great ideas; have fun with those! Chocolate truffle making, yum! :)

Laurie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home